Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sociocultural Aspects of Schooling for ELs


When I actually have a class of my own, one action that I will address while I am teaching ELs will be to make sure they are involved in all activities during class and to create a healthy learning environment.  When I first started school here in the U.S., I was welcomed by some students.  Other just kept looking at me like I was an alien, like they never seen a Mexican before.  Some students included me inside and outside the classroom and it made me feel like I was part of the group.  I will make sure that my ELs are partner up with students that have similar backgrounds.  That way they can get to know each other and can get along outside the class.  Also making sure that students don’t make fun of the EL so that way it doesn’t make them feel like they don’t belong there.  I will make sure to talk to my EL learner and get to know him or her and see how I can come along side of them to help them with their work.  I will definitely use a lot of SDAIE strategies to help my ELs get an understanding of the language and possibly become fluent.      

No comments:

Post a Comment